Dialysis and Apology

Hey all!

Update 11/8/15:  Shew!  I wrote this apology last July!  I’m terribly sorry for the delay.  I have no good excuse.  However, my very dear brother came to my rescue and bought me a nifty laptop so now I can get access to my blog more easily.  My desktop computer is so old, it still runs Windows XP!  Needless to say it’s no speed demon.  So, now I’m back on line and will get back to writing on my blog.  Hope you are getting what you need from this blog.  If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in a comment.  If you want it kept confidential, I’m happy to do that.

Devon

I am really, really am sorry for not being more productive and writing more posts on my blog.  August is coming so I will make an effort to change my patterns and write more.

Be assured that I really appreciate your support by reading the posts and making comments.  It inspires and encourages me.  So, please continue to come here and I will continue to write posts.

DevonTexas

Advertisements

About DevonTexas

I am a person with ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) which means my kidneys don't work. Forty or so years ago that would have been a death sentence but today there is Dialysis which means I can be hooked up to a machine that will clean my blood as the kidneys should. Three days a week, I go to a center and have too very large needles stuck in my arm to remove and replace my blood as it passes through a process where it's cleaned and the fluid is removed, a process taking a little over four hours each time. I want to advance knowledge about dialysis so that other patients can learn from my experience and mistakes. We shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, eh? There is so much to be learned and experienced about our predicament. There are vast resources available to support us and enrich our lives but many patients don't know about them. There are also many issues that we have to deal with whether we want to or not. So I blog about them. All comments are confidential until I approve them. If you don't want your comment public, let me know and I will respect that. So, feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Dialysis and Apology

1. Rita Pena says:

Great update Devon I.m looking to read more of their in the near future Pena47

2. Douglas W. Thomas says:

I think I tried getting some help from you before and you ignored my requests. Do you only answer the easy questions that don’t require much thought? That seems to be the pattern of people connected to Davita.

• DevonTexas says:

I’m sorry I missed your request for help. I usually respond to every comment because I get an email for each. You can take it any way you like but being catty isn’t a good way to appeal to me. I’m not from Davita, by the way. I’m a patient who is trying to be helpful to other patients by blogging about the dialysis experience. I don’t have PD experience. If you have a problem I can help with, I’ll be happy to help.

• DevonTexas says:

I checked back in the comments over the last year and nothing came from you. I don’t know what to tell you. It wasn’t me you posted to. However, I did find some comments I had overlooked so thank you for making me review them.

3. Douglas W. Thomas says:

Why are you complaining about large needles, go on Peritoneal and you won’t get stuck anymore. Peritoneal also preserves your kidney function, I was on 7 nights a week now down to 4 as my kidneys have rallied!

• DevonTexas says:

I don’t know where you got the idea I,or anyone else for that matter, is complaining about large needles. PD is a viable alternative, yes, because it’s another treatment modality. However, most PD patients end up back on hemodialysis because they get peritonitis and can’t do PD anymore. Peritonitis in patients with kidney failure can be fatal.

DevonTexas