It’s that time again… well, it ALMOST that time again. World Kidney Day is March 13, 2014 and many kidney organizations are gearing up for it. Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC) is getting ready with their annual Fly-in when they bring 50-60 kidney patients from all over the US to Washington, DC to lobby Congress on behalf of kidney patients concerns.
I encourage you to think of something, anything, you can do to raise kidney awareness on World Kidney Day. Many dialysis units will be having fund raising events of one form or another. For example, my unit is participating in a local Kidney Walk to raise money for the National Kidney Foundation. There are lots of events nationwide. You can support them by giving or participating or both. If you think of something, put it in the comments, please. Others can take from your ideas.
2/2/14: Here’s some ideas from the National Kidney Foundation…
World Kidney Day
Here are some ways you can participate on March 13 and during the month of March.
- Wear orange on World Kidney Day, March 13, and share photos on social media #WKD2014
- Participate in a Kidney Walk www.kidneywalk.org
- Share kidney risk factors with 10 friends or loved ones
- Get a quick kidney risk check
- Volunteer to educate a local group with NKF’s “Your Kidneys and You” presentation, contact NKF