No blogs this week (updated)

See the update below…

You’ll have to excuse me.  I’m not planning to blog for most of this week.  I am going to dialysis on first shift to fill in for another patient on vacation and I’m researching for some upcoming blogs on Patient-Centered Care, Fluid monitoring during dialysis, Changing centers, Patient Comfort in Dialysis, etc.

So, mostly, I’m reading and surfing for information.  I should be back on my regular schedule next week or maybe as soon as this weekend.  In the meantime, as you can see, I have several and many topics I’ve blogged about.  Read and catch up!  LOL

Update… It’s Saturday and I will be back on my regular dialysis schedule next week.  Today, I’m getting caught up with the many things that fell behind including a lot of email!

It’s strange how a small change in routine can have such impact.  Because I was dialyzing on first shift at 5:45 am, I wasn’t in my usual routine of spending the first several hours (7 am to 10 am) at my computer, writing and reading, then going to dialysis on second shift and getting home about 4.  I got home at 11 am but I am pretty shot from the after-effects of dialysis no matter which shift.  It drains me.  However, the first shift takes away that little window of productive time I spend doing this blog and managing my affairs.

Anyway, it’s Saturday, I’m back at the keyboard and ready to go.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh, and to those who are reading my blog on a regular basis, THANK YOU!   I really appreciate your continued support! It means a lot to me.

© 2012 DevonTexas

About DevonTexas

I am a person with ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) which means my kidneys don't work. Forty or so years ago that would have been a death sentence but today there is Dialysis which means I could be hooked up to a machine that would clean my blood as the kidneys should. Three days a week, I went to a dialysis center and had too very large needles stuck in my arm to remove and replace my blood as it passed through a process where it was cleaned and the fluid was removed, a process taking a little over four hours each time. In November 2017, I received a kidney transplant from a deceased donor. My life went into overdrive. With a "new" functioning kidney, I no longer had to go to a dialysis center and my days were not open to be lived rather than recovering from dialysis which meant dialyzing for three days and resting for 4 days a week. I work full-time and often 50 hours per week. It is something I never imagined. I highly recommend it! HeeHee I want to advance knowledge about dialysis and transplant so that others can learn from my experience and mistakes. We shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, eh? There is so much to be learned and experienced about our predicament. There are vast resources available to support us and enrich our lives but many patients don't know about them. There are also many issues that we have to deal with whether we want to or not. So I blog about them in All comments are confidential until I approve them. If you don't want your comment public, let me know and I will respect that. So, feel free to leave a comment. I also blog in LegacyTales in WordPress if you are interested in the ramblings of a Old Man. Give a peek and let me know what you think. Enjoy.
This entry was posted in dialysis, patient care, personal and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s